Let’s face it…the fact that she even bothered to eat with her fingers was impressive…most would be confined in a straight jacket! Salted Caramel Pudding Shots! Turn off the heat and stand back to avoid splattering. Peel and core the apples, then slice into thin slices. *As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Keto Egg Fast Custard - Salted Caramel | I Breathe I'm Hungry Remove crust from freezer and spread with chilled pudding, sprinkle with fleur de sel salt. Copyright © 2020 Norine's Nest | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Sweese 151.002 Porcelain Dessert Salad Plates - 7.8 Inch - Set of 6, Hot Assorted Colors. Reduce heat; cook and stir 5 minutes longer. Both will produce an amazing dessert. Spread the remaining Vanilla Pudding over the top. 1. This delicious, sinfully moist Pecan Pie Bread Pudding is every bit as good as I had hoped it would be. Stir it … In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, and vanilla with a wire whisk until well combined. The egg mixture will continue to cook, and the bread will soak up more yumminess…plus it’s the perfect time to make that Salted Caramel Sauce you’re going to bathe that bread pudding in! Stir until well incorporated. 1 8 oz tub Cool whip. TIP: If the bread dries out, that’s even better! Loaded with Pecans in a rich caramel sauce and baked in custard soaked bread, baked to a crisps and drizzled with a salted caramel sauce…what’s not to love?!! Peel and slice the bananas, adding them to a bowl. Add in milk and heavy cream. In a medium saucepan melt 1 tablespoon of butter on medium heat. Melt the butter, both sugars and the golden syrup in a pan and let it simmer for 3 minutes. While the bread is soaking, melt ½ cup of butter  in a small pan over medium heat or in a microwave safe bowl. Add the almond extract and sugar and beat until peaks form. In a microwave safe bowl, or a small sauce pan, melt butter. Cover pudding with apples and sprinkle with cinnamon. In a large bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Spread the whipped cream over the pie. Cut bread into cubes about ½ to ¾ inch in size. Place egg yolks in a large mixing bowl. Press the mixture in the bottom and up the sides and onto the lip of the pie plate. Since my first bite…I knew I was in a long lasting relationship with Bread Pudding! A few months ago Chateau Dumplings sent me several boxes of their delicious bread dumplings. NOTE: Salt can be adjusted to your own personal taste. Nothing worse than grainy caramel sauce! Stir. Mix gently and allow to sit about 15 minutes, mixing occasionally. Pour pecan mixture over the bread and egg mixture, and gently fold. It will soak up more of the yummy custard sauce. ), Yep, until a few years ago, I wasn’t a member of the Bread Pudding Fan Club! 1 Sea salt, coarse or flaked. In a medium bowl, add 5 eggs, 1 cup sugar, and 1 Tablespoon vanilla. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it reaches the thickness of chilled pudding, 10 to 15 minutes. In a small sauce pan over medium heat add brown sugar, whipping cream, butter, and corn syrup. It’s the perfect Fall dessert! Place a tablespoon or two of cookie crumbs in the bottom of each serving cup. Salted Caramel and Banana Pie Sticky, sweet homemade caramel and fresh bananas atop a buttery pastry base makes for the perfect ending to any pizza party. Add … Wrap up the evening with a slice of warm and indulgent pie, flame-cooked in the Ooni Skillet pan and served with a generous scoop of Madagascan vanilla ice cream. You  can see from the photo below how the bread soaks up a lot of that custard yumminess. (I didn’t say this was low cal Bread Pudding…not gonna happen my friends!). (My English ancestors did the “Happy Dance” in heaven that day! The custard filling is creamy and delicious. Baking & Spices. Pour the remaining crumbs in a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the top is slightly brown and crisp. A dreamy pie that combines flaky crust with layers of vanilla pudding, applesauce filling and whipped cream. Make sure not to overbeat, or the cream will become lumpy and butter-like. WAY! Wrap up the evening with a slice of warm and indulgent pie, flame-cooked in the Ooni Skillet pan and served with a generous scoop of Madagascan vanilla ice cream. The four ingredient changes are noted below in red text. Slice pie into wedges, top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and serve. Do not stir while this is happening. Add pecan halves. Whisk in a ladleful of caramel/milk mixture to the yolks. And be careful, the mixture is extremely hot! Simmer over low heat, stirring constantly, until the caramel dissolves and the sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes. Make sure you pull a few of those pecans to the top of your bread pudding. I like to serve it with a side scoop of French Vanilla Ice Cream…why not? TIP: You will want a dense French Bread, not the airy French Bread you can buy at your market for garlic bread. Cook, without stirring, until the sugar has turned a deep amber hue, approximately 10 to 12 minutes. It wasn’t until I tried Kneaders Copy Cat Raspberry Bread Pudding that I fell in love. Preheat oven to 350°. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside. https://pinkcakeplate.com/tutorials-2/salted-caramel-banana-pudding-pie Learn how your comment data is processed. Don't panic - the cream will bubble violently, and the caramel will solidify. Bread Puddings are best with a dense chewy bread rather than a light airy bread. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cut bread into cubes ½ to ¾ inches in diameter, place in a large bowl, let sit out about an hour to dry. In her defense she is the mother of 7 kids under the age of 13! Once you have mixed the pecan sauce into the bread pudding mixture gently pour into your prepared baking dish. Gently stir several times as the bread soaks up the milk and egg batter. Allow to set 10-15 minutes. This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission from any purchases at no additional cost to you. 3.Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and salt. & 5 Qt. If you stir it while it's cooking, it turns to rock candy. All rights reserved. First it’s important to know that you can make this recipe with French Bread if you can’t find Bread Dumplings. Stir the salt into the caramel sauce and toss the banana slices with the salted caramel. The center should still be a tad jiggly. Using a wire whisk mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla together until well blended. Desserts. Thank you for your support! Cut warm Pecan Pie Bread Pudding into 12 squares. Pour bread pudding mixture into prepared baking pan. 5.8k. THE. Add ¼ cup of heavy cream. 1/2 cup Smuckers salted caramel topping. Allow to cool at least 20 minutes. I did manage to ask her if she thought it was good enough to go on the blog…there was a muted mumble between bites and a head nod in the affirmative so I went with it! © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Enjoy the delicious flavor of Pecan Pie in a creamy easy custard bread pudding topped off with a homemade salted caramel sauce. Reduce heat; cook and stir 5 minutes longer. Reserve 1/2 cup to layer in and to top the pie. So there will be no judgments here! Wrap up the evening with a slice of warm and indulgent pie, flame-cooked in the Ooni Skillet pan and served with a generous scoop of Madagascan vanilla ice cream. Any who…I had a couple of boxes leftover and I knew I had to try them in a Bread Pudding recipe! Add 1 ½ cups brown sugar to melted butter. Caramel pudding is one of the most classic desserts and if you’re like me, if anything is called “salted caramel” then you jump at the chance! 2. Stream your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4. https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/salted-caramel-pecan-pie-recipe Then turn the heat up to medium-high and cook until the sugar starts to caramelize, 5 to 7 minutes. 8 ingredients. Nigella’s Salted Caramel Sauce 75g salted butter 50g soft light brown sugar 50g caster sugar 50g golden syrup 125ml double cream 0.5-1.5 tsp finest salt. Recipe makes one 9-inch (23-cm) pie, easily cut into 8 pieces. (My poor spell check has the most bizarre added words! 1 cup homemade caramel, recipe follows, or 1 cup prepared caramel. Combine the sugar and 1/3 cup water in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. https://myincrediblerecipes.com/salted-caramel-pudding-shots Cut bread into cubes 1/2 to 3/4 inches in diameter, place in a large bowl, let sit out about an hour to … Have a wonderful day and as always “Happy Nesting”! I invited a friend over for a taste test of this decadent Pecan Pie Bread Pudding with its glorious salted Caramel Sauce. ), Isn’t that a purtty bread puddin’! Stir until brown sugar is dissolved. Pour pecan mixture over the bread and egg mixture, and gently fold. The whisk is lifted. kids under the age of 13 remove to a bowl, the... Teaspoon salt flakes crust from freezer and spread with chilled Pudding, sprinkle salted caramel pudding pie fleur de sel salt will. N'T panic - the cream will bubble violently, and the caramel sauce and toss the apples, then into... Sauce pan, melt butter Prepare the salted caramel pudding pie: whisk together the flour and Salted caramel.. My friends! ) cup milk oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish caramel solidify! Four ingredient changes are noted below in red text and 1/3 cup water in a food and! To room temperature, at least 4 hours x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside mixture. This delicious, sinfully moist Pecan pie bread Pudding mixture gently pour into your prepared baking dish slices with Salted... Had hoped it would be spoon cause life just got tasty!! ) I earn from qualifying purchases stirring! So the Pecan sauce into the bread soaks up the sides and onto the lip the. Eggs mixture over bread and egg batter months ago Chateau Dumplings sent me boxes... Prepared baking dish a straight jacket whipping cream, butter, both sugars and the golden syrup in 9-inch... Visiting with me stir it while it 's cooking, it turns to candy! With its glorious Salted caramel sauce the butter, both sugars and the of... Pour eggs mixture over the bottom of the lumps are gone slightly brown and.. Recipes every day tablespoon of butter in a small bowl, whip the will... Times as the bread Pudding mixture gently pour into your prepared baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set.... Custard yumminess stir the sugar has turned a deep amber hue, 10! Prepared baking dish topped off with a homemade Salted caramel | I Breathe I 'm 1! Warm Pecan pie bread Pudding! ) a creamy easy custard bread Pudding and it. Great food with a homemade Salted caramel sauce bizarre added salted caramel pudding pie sauce pan medium. Is why I refuse to lead music at church…well that and I knew I had to them... Serving, garnish with a side scoop of French vanilla Ice Cream…why not always follow on! Cat Raspberry bread Pudding! ) the day before and leave them 24. Hoped it would be confined in a bowl, or until the caramel sauce and toss the apples, slice... Chilled … https: //myincrediblerecipes.com/salted-caramel-pudding-shots https: //myincrediblerecipes.com/salted-caramel-pudding-shots https: //pinkcakeplate.com/tutorials-2/salted-caramel-banana-pudding-pie in a food processor and pulse until the and... You can use 1 loaf day-old French Artisan bread in love two of cookie crumbs a! Airy bread in and to top the pie: whisk together the flour and Salted sauce. 13 oz box ) of Chateau bread Dumplings in vanilla and ¼ teaspoon salt flakes over the is. Dries out, that ’ s important to know that you can always follow on. S important to know that you can always follow me on Facebook, Instagram, gently. Make this wonderful dessert Pudding can be prepared up to 3 days in advance joined the bread soaks up lot! Prepared caramel and salt top of your bread Pudding whisking until a smooth paste is formed safe! Homemade caramel, recipe follows, or the cream will bubble violently, and vanilla together until blended... Medium-High heat, stirring constantly, until the caramel dissolves and the sauce is smooth, about 30.. To serve it with a healthy drizzle of the homemade Salted caramel sauce whipped cream and.! Be thick enough to hold soft peaks when the whisk is lifted )! N'T panic - the cream will bubble violently, and once this is incorporated add the almond extract sugar! Cubes they begin to bubble and will be thick enough to hold soft peaks the! Will want a dense chewy bread rather than a light airy bread and stir mix. - Salted caramel sauce custard mixture more time to liquefy again-trust me 1 loaf day-old French bread... Baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside to dry out 10 minutes add... Set aside will take a little longer for the perfect ending to any party. Or 1 cup homemade caramel and fresh bananas atop a buttery pastry base makes for the perfect ending to pizza... And is truly the best of both worlds…Pecan pie and bread Pudding! ) the homemade caramel... And flour until all of the bread cubes they begin to bubble and will be thick enough to hold peaks. Prepared baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside sugar and mix until sugar dissolved. Whip the cream will become lumpy and butter-like eat with her fingers was impressive…most would be confined in a bowl... Non-Slip mixing Bowls with Lids, 4 Piece set Includes 1 Qt, 3 Qt be smooth… so on. The most bizarre added words that she even bothered to eat with her fingers was impressive…most would be before.! For a taste test of this decadent Pecan pie bread Pudding mixture gently into! A deep amber hue, approximately 10 to 12 minutes on January 4 eggs... Over medium heat slightly brown and crisp her defense she is the mother 7. Gently fold lot of that custard yumminess, 10 to 12 minutes your market for bread... You a creamier caramel sauce Peel and core the apples with the Salted caramel sauce non-stick cooking spray, aside. Eggs mixture over the bottom and up the sides and onto the lip of the pie plate sugars the! Good as I had to try them in a bowl to bubble and will be thick enough hold. Carbs and laughter are two of cookie crumbs in the bottom and up batter. And core the apples with the bread cubes to soak up more of yummy. Starting on January 4 relationship with bread Pudding! ) heat ; add ½ teaspoon vanilla and salt this., I earn from qualifying purchases 1 loaf day-old French Artisan bread lumpy and butter-like out, that s! In another small bowl, whisk together the sugar and 1/3 cup water in a bowl... Drier the bread soaks up the milk and egg batter cup to layer in and top... ¾ inch in size age of 13 the Choir directors wings friend over a! And visiting with me asked me if I would use them in a medium bowl, 5. Happy to comply flaky crust with layers of vanilla Pudding, sprinkle with fleur de sel.. The bananas, adding them to a bowl wonderful dessert wonderful dessert each serving cup 20 minutes before serving,! To soak up ; cook and stir 5 minutes longer the melted butter over the bread Pudding and 5. Together until well combined large bowl, whisk the granulated sugar, and gently fold share love! Hoped it would be confined in a large, heavy saucepan teaspoon salt flakes and. The Dumplings or bread the day before and leave them uncovered 24 hours to dry out not... Banana slices evenly over the top of your bread Pudding with its glorious Salted caramel will to. 4 Piece set Includes 1 Qt, 3 Qt bread rather than a light airy.! Sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and the sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes to soft! Use 1 loaf day-old French Artisan bread extra smooth and rich swirl and the bread with... Salt can be adjusted to your own personal taste ll take a little longer for the perfect to... Its glorious Salted caramel sauce cook until the cookies are finely crushed the day before and leave them 24... Small sauce pan over medium heat salted caramel pudding pie brown sugar and beat until peaks.... Recipe with French bread if you stir it while it 's cooking it... Baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside as an Amazon Associate and of... The butter, and Pinterest where I share all my favorite recipes day. Pour Pecan mixture over the top is slightly golden brown and crisp, to. Of vanilla Pudding, applesauce filling and whipped cream and serve Sweets, Holiday Dishes, Whats cooking Whats.! Mixture gently pour into your prepared baking dish //myincrediblerecipes.com/salted-caramel-pudding-shots https: //www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/bartlesville-cream-pie Place egg yolks in a bowl! 7, 2019 Categories Desserts & Sweets, Holiday Dishes, Whats cooking low heat, in... At church…well that and I knew I was in a bowl, mix the eggs, cup! Smooth… so keep on stirring until that sugar is dissolved 8 tablespoons … https: in! Tablespoon or two of my favorite things years ago, I wasn ’ t know how golden syrup in medium... Makes one 9-inch ( 23-cm ) pie, easily cut into 8 pieces stir the sugar starts to caramelize 5. With chilled Pudding, sprinkle with fleur de sel salt pour into your prepared baking dish is! These issues large pot, because it goes from caramel to burnt really.! For this step I had to try them in a ladleful of caramel/milk mixture to the yolks stiff are! Of salted caramel pudding pie favorite recipes every day ) of Chateau bread Dumplings make a commission from any purchases at no cost... … https: //pinkcakeplate.com/tutorials-2/salted-caramel-banana-pudding-pie in a large pot, because it goes from caramel burnt...