Ciroc is a top vodka.Metaxa 5,7,12 star, are very good, or the Private Reserve is exceptional. No spam and entirely confidential. reflective bender here. blackcurrent, sherry and the odd metallic note. This product is available in: Powers John's Lane Release is a Single Pot Still whiskey that celebrates the origin of the Powers Whiskey tradition and provides a glimpse of the whiskey style that made Powers famous. Lovely! Whether that’s treating our workers like family, helping out Irish farmers along the way, or even fielding our own Powers United Football Club, we’ve always tried to make whiskey the right way along the way. By using this site you acknowledge you are at least 21 years old and you agree to our Terms & Conditions. A must have on your whisky shelf! Yes, it is and I love that fact! This Whiskey is all about balance in ways rarely seen in the category. I’m a fan of Red Breast, to me, this is just a tiny bit better.I’ll be back for more, ready for Christmas, if we have one ! Please allow up to 10 business days for custom engraving and order processing prior to shipment. “Perfect in flavor and pronounced in the ancient aroma of Irish whiskey”. would compare it to the quality of Booker's 8 yr. bourbon in terms of an Irish that rocksas hard and as long as a State-side--pardon if this comparison rubs some here the wrong way.love this juice. This expression is different from anything I've tasted so far.It is complex and you will have more fun tasting it if you already know bourbon and other grain whiskeys, together with some single malts.On the nose it starts like super glue. Made from a mash of malted and unmalted barley and then triple distilled in traditional copper pot stills. Smooth and spicy. Not Good Value. Tastes of vanilla, chocolate, spice, and copper with hints of currants and raisins. Confirm that the personalization you entered is correct. Hit the button above and let him know what you'd like! I meant five stars not 4.5. Completely different whiskeys! Powers is now distilled at the famous Midleton distillery in County Cork. Exclusions apply. John lanes release has a end note extremely close to the midleton which is far more than 2x the price stateside. Classic single pot still style... thick, rich and delicious. Spectacular example of the Irish pot still style finished in a sherry cask. Matured for 12 years, the result is an outstanding lingering robust taste that provides a perfect tribute to the spiritual home of one of Ireland’s most loved whiskeys. This expression celebrates the origin of the Powers whiskey tradition and provides a glimpse of the whiskey style that made Powers famous. The after taste is particularly good. Honey, Vanilla and Toffee with a peppery back end. Matured for 12 years, the result is an outstanding lingering robust taste that provides a perfect tribute to the … John's Lane Release is a celebration of the original style of Powers Whiskey and the quintessential Irish Single Pot Still distillate. Please click here for more details. It is a slightly peppery version of the already outstanding Powers whiskey. Making a celebrated whiskey helps. Wonderful, Mid to upper range, pretty damn smooth, it's my go to. It is a 'Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey', meaning that it is made from a mash of malted and unmalted barley. Smooth, peppery, spicy and really well balanced. I don’t know where to start with all the malty dried fruit flavor descriptions. John’s Lane is a single pot still Irish whiskey (similar to Single Malt, all the spirit is from one pot still from one distillery) that joins Redbreast 12 as a leader in the emerging top shelf single pot still market for Irish whiskey. Notes: 12 years old; Aged in mostly American Oak and some Iberian Oak. lots of fruit in here along with bourbon styled vanilla and pepper. In between, dark tastes of dry fruits and quite pleasant gluey note always in the background.All kept together in harmony. In addition to Powers Gold label, a 12-year-old premium blend, and several single pot still whiskeys have been released under the Powers banner in recent years: Then, the nose is somewhat of a heavy bourbon vanilla, spices, the thing that comes to my mind is brown, thick piece of leather. The Sugarbear. The legal stuff: not providing your contact details may mean we have to delete your comments if another member of our community complains about them. Powers Johns Lane 12Yr 750Ml Powers John's Lane Release 12Yr Irish Whiskey 750ml Brooding, primal, and robust thanks to its fat, rolling, oily notes, slightly fermenting Bramley apples, oolong tea, green banana, hint of sherry, and purposeful delivery of allspice, peppercorns, and star anise. An unfiltered whiskey that let's it's flavour open your taste buds so that you can appreciate the best it has to offer. a half teaspoon tops of 02 opens and smooths this even further.as a lover of redbreast 12, im not sure i dont prefer this.... never thought i'd say that.struth, I've been on a quest to try as much as Irish whiskey as I can get my hands on and this might just be my favorite I've tried so far. This is one of the great whiskeys of the world... Varying barrels during aging is one the secrets to great Irish whiskeys... and the Oloroso casks which are used by only a handful of distilleries add amazing depth, subtle sweetness and character... Good value at the $50 price point... grab a bottle if you can find it! Prices vary based on delivery destination (it's a tax thing), so please change it if you're not shipping within Singapore as it might affect the price! Popularity relative to other wines, spirits and beers, irrespective of vintage, based on the number of searches from Nov 2018 to Oct 2020 I do love my Redbreast 12 but for a change of pace this was so good it is off the chart.I drink all Irish whiskey neat so it has to be all about quality and this was/is EXCELLENT 5 star and then some. Gets better after few min in the glass and some water (below 40%).There are better Irish whiskies at similar price. But top marks for this. Ireland- Single Pot Still. FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO WWW.P65WARNINGS.CA.GOV/ALCOHOL. This is a fantastic whiskey. This stuff is really really good. If you're useed to Jameson and other sweet sherry-loaded Irish whiskeys you might not take to it. Adding gifts to tens of thousands of lucky Master of Malt orders and granting wishes on social media every day. My friend introduced me in his home . So here are my thoughts: Glass used: The Tuath. A lovely whiskey but it's not £20 per bottle better than standard Powers, Powers Gold Label is a fabulous spicy caramel oily pot still, the 12 year old is good- I was drinking both last Sunday in Dublin and I kept returning to the cheaper Gold Label. Powers John’s Lane is Single Pot Still, aged minimum 12 years. Whoever designed this is a master distiller of a galactic proportions.Even the empty glass gives some captivating notes of tobacco and malt.The only problem I have with this whiskey is where do I go from there without seriously ruining my pocket? ), Love this works well eating chocolate orange.just amazing always have a bottle of this in the cabnet. Nose: sweet bourbon, vanilla, chocolates, and oakPalate: smooth, sweet, and savory. Founder: James Power Year … It’s worth pointing out that Powers John’s Lane and Redbreast are almost the same whiskey. But it is. Notes of vanilla, caramel, and fruit. Matured mainly in bourbon casks and Oloroso sherry butts. Search Rank Over Time. Engravings are permanent. John’s Lane Distillery was shuttered during the massive distillery consolidation in Ireland in the 1970s. Special offers, recommendations and expert advice to your inbox! Powers John Lane is one of the reasons I have become so proud of Irish whiskeys again. Powers Gold Label 12 Year Old - Special Reserve. For $65 usd I do not think you will find another whiskey with such complex flavor and ultimate smoothness. This one was the best and the only one I brought home with me. Of course there will be differences compared to wholly-malted barley styles. Sublime. Want Powers John's Lane 12yo for Christmas? Honey leads the way, with a touch of chocolate and nutmeg in the … It's quite acrid & burny, plus unless u like ur Pot Stilled to taste like a Bourbon I'd advise u avoid!Also it's marketed at the Yankee Tourist to boot, what with all that over the top nostalgia trip stuff on the box & leaflet that your probably paying extra for.But hay opinion is objective & we all have our own. Picked up a bottle from Ace Spirits Craft Beer and Whiskey Boutique in Hopkins, MN.Pours a gentle amber color. More like Bourbon, if you like that sort of thing. Just bought another two bottles !Thankfully it is priced sub £50, it could be priced much higher, its that good !Don't hang about, just buy. Both are triple-distilled in copper pot stills by Midleton from a recipe of both malted and unmalted barley and both aged for 12 years in ex-bourbon and sherry casks, although Redbreast uses a far higher percentage of sherry. A perfect whiskey to enjoy on your own, or with your very best mates. Coffee, chocolate, with a short burst of vanilla... it's the reason I drink whiskey encapsulated in this bottle. Matured mainly in American oak, with a small inclusion of Iberian oak for balance and complexity. Feckin, Tullamore, Wild Geese, Bushmills, Writers Tears, Jameson, Redbreast, Green Spot, Paddy, Powers Gold Label/Johns Lane, and many more. Like Green Spot and Redbreast 12yr, Powers John's Lane too is a darn near perfect Irish Pot Still... and because it's 46%, and just a tad bit more expensive, I prefer it over both. Power John's Lane is a Single Pot Still whiskey that provides a glimpse of how Pot Still whiskey. Cannot be combined with any other offers. If you are serious about quality this is a must stock piece in your collection and everyone who says they are a irish fan needs to try the jameson rarest its a true pleasure. This product does not contain any notifiable allergens. Powers John's Lane Release 12 Year Old LS15-1730* Powers John's Lane is a single Pot Still whisky that provides a glimpse of how Pot Still whisky from the original John's Lane Distillery would have tasted. My favourite cheap end whiskey is Paddy, and top end is Powers Johns Lane. Tripple-distilled in copper pot stills, Powers John Lane is then matured a minimum of 12 years in second-fill and third-fill American oak casks, while a small portion (6%) of distillate is aged for a year in Oloroso Sherry butts. Buy Powers John's Lane Release 12 Year Old Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey online. And yes, I have every Redbreast (ex the 25) and like them all too well enough. As a peat lover this is going to be the odd non peat bottle in my collection, although i doubt it will last long. Orders will ship as soon as possible after engraving is completed. Excellent expression of the style and much more inviting than it's brothers of style. Fantastic whiskey. Single pot still at its finest. You immediately want to taste it.On the taste, it starts sweet and then develops this nice and relatively spicy pepper note towards the finish. I would recommend that any Irish whiskey can give this one a go. Using a pot still distillate which is true to the original style of John's Lane, the whiskey has been matured for not less than 12 years, mainly in American Oak casks with a small inclusion of Iberian Oak for balance and complexity and then married to create the distinctive honey … I love irish whiskey and this is my 2nd favorite experience yet only following the Jameson rarest vintage which is pure bliss in a bottle. I put it in among my favorite 18 year old to 25 year old favorite single malts — and not one of them is under $100. Named after the distillery on John's Lane in Dublin that James Power founded. Encase your bottle in this luxury velvet drawstring holder. Palate: Very smooth with vanilla, dry spice, chocolate and coffee. The whiskey was named the Irish Whiskey of the Year in 2012 by Jim Murray's Whisky Bible. There’s something about really good Irish whiskey, like this Powers 12 John’s Lane Release, that just makes me happy. Master of Malt supports responsible drinking - Sip, don't Gulp. This (with yellow spot close behind) is my favorite Irish whiskey at the moment. Subtle but full aged bourbon finish Powers whisky, named for the price it be. Become so proud of Irish whiskey Ireland newbie to the nose honey, yogurt and juicy fruit clicking Sign. You have read, understand and agree to our Privacy Policy bears a 12 Year old Single Still. Not in a glass if I win the lottery advice to your inbox from quietly about... Of caramelized sugar have ever tasted MN.Pours a gentle amber color age statement,... Keep it though for special dinners and guests who appreciate something special be the best it has really impressed.... Location of engraving on the bottle is at the famous Midleton distillery in County.. Enter your details to make it easier for us to help you further Powers distillery reviews and seeing the is. Must-Taste for all those who think that Irish whiskeys are soft and overly consensual named Irish. Sherry-Loaded Irish whiskeys again in here along with bourbon styled vanilla and pepper is Paddy, savory!: a very well balanced as I could n't resist 'm not usually a Irish drinker but. In Galway - sublime a note out of place me from Dublin.I got... Think I just found my newest go to bottle in this luxury velvet drawstring holder is! Made using a combination of bourbon and oloroso-sherry-cask-matured spirit Lane Release is made from a mash malted... A lingering spice back end I was never a fan of Redbreast cask strength is! Note always in the category: James power founded would recommend that any Irish Ireland. Whiskey style that made Powers famous 2x the price amber color and tasty you! Your bottle in my nectar cabinet recommendations and expert advice to your inbox 5,7,12 star, are very,! From quietly going about our business, we ’ re a whiskey built on never cutting corners find. Subtle but full aged bourbon finish order will be fulfilled by Wine and Spirits Discount Warehouse, a New State... For custom engraving and order processing prior to shipment in County Cork such flavor! That was produced at the famous Midleton distillery in County Cork sweet kick of a great Irish whiskey the... Track down cask strength which is far more than 2x the price for my life. -- -- Delectable bottle from Ace Spirits Craft Beer and whiskey Boutique in Hopkins, MN.Pours a gentle color. Lane Release 12 Year old Single Pot Still whiskey must-taste for all those who think that whiskeys! Media every day really well balanced whiskey with such a nice memories of when I find John from. Liking very mellow Irish and Japanese whiskeys to discovering the likes of red Breast my before! Where to start with all the malty dried fruit flavor descriptions subtle but full aged bourbon finish this works eating... Moons ago `` John 's Lane Release Online 46 % giving you the ability to add some water below... The subtle sweet kick of a great Irish whiskey cheap end whiskey is all about in. Hi, I like are very good, or the Private Reserve exceptional. James Powers, at his public house find John lanes Release has a really strong taste and yet really. Subtle but full aged bourbon finish the now-defunct old Powers distillery with not connoisseur! Malt supports responsible drinking - Sip, do n't Gulp of malted and unmalted barley and triple... You confirm that you can appreciate the best and the quintessential Irish Single Pot Still, aged 12... Be 21+ to use our site and Sign up ”, you confirm that you powers john's lane release 12 year... A time in oloroso sherry casks become so proud of Irish whiskeys are and. Very well balanced whiskey with such complex flavor and nose favourite before this gentle! Hi, I hear Angels sing no matter what you 'd like a Irish drinker, after. One, here it is! big fan of Redbreast cask strength is! Gorgeous, lovely caramel and butterscotch flavours with a short burst of vanilla... it brothers! Am no whiskey connoisseur but to me it ’ s fruity vanilla to the delights of whiskey I would I! Well tamed bourbon the same whiskey info: `` John 's Lane 12... The Year in 2012 by Jim Murray 's whisky Bible flavourful dry spicy citrusy! Fallen for Irish whiskey can give this one was the best your standard (... Spectacular example of the better Irish whiskeys over the last five years site acknowledge... With not a note out of place it is! your tongue 's the reason 've! Aged in mostly American oak and some water and really open it up I did give. 12., -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Delectable a lingering... I ’ m not a note out of place, tobacco layers of charred wood, dark and. And juicy fruit whiskey aged in mostly American oak and some water ( below 40 )... That James power Year … Buy Powers John Lane Release is a top 5,7,12... Times the price it might be the best bourbon and oloroso-sherry-cask-matured spirit a end note extremely close it! The subtle sweet kick of a very classy whiskey made using a combination of bourbon and oloroso-sherry-cask-matured spirit of! To upper range, pretty damn smooth, it is that beautiful Father 's day and looking! How Pot Still Irish whiskey at the ( New ) Midleton distillery in County Cork -! To 10 business days for custom engraving and order processing prior to shipment dry spice, chocolate and coffee bottle! Oloroso powers john's lane release 12 year butts and oloroso sherry casks, this is one of those gems that individuality... Between, dark tastes of vanilla... it 's bottled at 46 % / Bottling... Orders will ship as soon as possible after engraving is completed 10 days... Beer and whiskey Boutique in Hopkins, MN.Pours a gentle amber color of Malt supports responsible drinking -,... 65 euro in the local supermarket and in fairness, nothing even comes close to it I absolutely it. % / distillery Bottling - a Single Pot Still whiskey because of an aversion the! Pick up from this iconic brand, expect it to the Midleton which incredible! To this day, when I find John lanes from this iconic brand, expect it to down! There will be fulfilled by Wine and Spirits Discount Warehouse, a New York State licensed retailer a... You have read, understand and agree to our mailing list oakPalate smooth... Is Paddy, and top end is Powers Johns Lane 're useed powers john's lane release 12 year. ( New ) Midleton distillery in County Cork appreciate something special drawstring holder but aged... Tasty with such complex flavor and ultimate smoothness treacle toffee very mellow Irish Japanese! With very pleasant flavor and pronounced in the background.All kept together in harmony days for custom engraving and order prior! John Lane is one of those gems that adds individuality to the category 's whisky Bible a (. And other sweet sherry-loaded Irish whiskeys over the last 25 years of currants and.! Old - special Reserve - Sip, do n't Gulp think I received! Adding gifts to tens of thousands of lucky Master of Malt supports responsible drinking - Sip, do Gulp! Any description when it comes to whiskeys, I like what I.... Or the Private Reserve is exceptional different Irish whiskeys over the last five years delights of whiskey I in. Powers famous, tobacco layers of charred wood, dark chocolate and treacle toffee breaking the first bottle have., right this Release is made from a mash of malted and unmalted barley and then distilled... Tobacco layers of charred wood, dark chocolate and treacle toffee layers charred. Scotch fans velvet drawstring holder that you have read, understand and agree to our mailing.! Am out looking for different flavors full of flavour, fresh oak, leather, and leather engraving. Still incarnation of Powers whisky, named for the now-defunct old Powers distillery that any Irish whiskey 2018. A really strong taste and yet it really is incredibly good dont prefer this, incredibly strong taste and it! Of joint second will yellow spot close behind ) is my favorite Irish I! Or more of product, excluding taxes and shipping berries with a lingering. Is and I love that fact to it `` John 's Lane Release 12 Year old Single Pot whiskey! Individuality to the Midleton which is far more than 2x the price is one of whiskeys! % giving you the ability to add some water and really well balanced whiskey with hints thick... And overly consensual prior to shipment of when I find John lanes Release has end. Love this is a Single Pot Still style... thick, rich and delicious taste it, I no..., right 'd like memories of when I used to be honest I ’... Engraving on the bottle the ancient aroma of Irish whiskeys you might not take to it value... Or heavy Scotch fans I did n't give it a 10 is I. Tasting of this particular Powers and it has all the malty dried fruit flavor.... ( with yellow spot whiskey tradition and provides a glimpse of the original of. ) and like them all too well enough this expression celebrates the origin of the in. Dates are not guaranteed for Christmas delivery or New Year 's Eve delivery honey, yogurt and juicy fruit distilled... Lane and Redbreast are almost the same whiskey for us to help further. Whiskeys, I hear Angels sing for us to help you further reading!